Monday 19 October 2009

Dr Budwig's Flaxseed Oil with Cottage Cheese

Ok, some of my friends and family have asked how to make the flaxseed oil/cottage cheese mixture which is the crucial element in the Budwig Protocol for fighting and preventing cancer. I have a Budwig cook book so this is the correct recipe. I love the mixture and look forward to eating it as it's a nice treat when esp since I eat no sugar.

Dr Budwig listed Quark which is a virtually fat free soft cheese from Germany as the fat source to mix with the flaxseed oil which is crucial for it's binding properties. Flaxseed oil needs to be mixed with this well so it can become water soluble and better absorbed into the body. The way it works is a whole other story and just look at the link I put in the "about me" section for more info.

Since quark is not easily found in the US and UK people use cottage cheese or yogurt cheese as a substitute which works the same as quark. I can't find any organic cottage cheese in the UK so I use yogurt cheese. I like the taste of it better although I do use cottage cheese sometimes if I am making a more savory version of this recipe to put on top of baked potatoes and other things.

I will make a post about how to make yogurt and yogurt cheese after this.

Basic Ingredients
2 tblsp of ground flaxseeds (freshly ground as the go rancid in 20 min)
3 tblsp of Flax Seed Oil (Barleans is best)
1-2 tblsp of Milk
100 grams or 6 tblsp of Cottage Cheese or Yogurt Cheese
1 tsp honey

Basically you put the ground flaxseeds in a bowl and add chopped fruit and nuts. My favorite for the fall right now is chopped apple, pineapple or pear with walnuts and pumpkin seeds. Then mix the flax oil, milk and honey and gradually add the cheese and mix until you don't see anymore oil. Hand stick blender works best for this. You can add then lovely cinnamon on top or even ginger. My fav. I tend to just whip all the flax oil, milk, honey and cheese all at once and it turns out fine. You can also make smoothies with this mixture. Just make sure you mix the oil, milk, honey and cheese bit first before adding fruit juice and berries ect. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment