Sunday 11 October 2009

Super Cancer Fightin Cabbage Salad



I was getting tired of lettuce so decided to do a salad with a more 'Asian' flavor. This is super good and great on the cancer fighting front. Enjoy!

1/4 a Chinese cabbage cut into slices or chopped
1 carrot sliced thin
1/4 cucumber sliced thin
4 mushrooms of any kind (I used chestnut) sliced
1/4 red pepper sliced thin
1 stick celery sliced thin
bean sprouts -handful
cress - handful
a bit of thin sliced red onion
dried seaweed flakes

Dressing
(I never measure things out so I am guessing here how much I added, you should taste and adjust)
1 tbl minced ginger
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 of a red chili or green
squeeze of lemon
1 tbsp of tamari
1 tsp honey dissolved in 1 tbsp of hot water
2 tbsp of flaxseed oil
few splashes of sesame oil
1 tbsp of brown rice vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment